Nestled between the UQ lake and the Brisbane River with a view across to UQ’s stunning St Lucia campus, Duchesne College offers comfort, security and privacy, with a world of opportunity on your doorstep.
Many of our residents attend UQ – it’s an easy five-minute walk to a world-class university. The Great Court and University lecture theatres are all within easy reach, so if you love your sleep, you’re going to love your nice quick commute to uni! Plus you’ll have access to all of the amazing events and programs at UQ, and facilities on your doorstep, like libraries, the pool and an Art Museum. And it’s such a beautiful campus to walk, jog or ride around.
Not all of our residents are UQ students
Duchesne College is a two-minute walk to the Lakes Bus Station which easily connects you to where you need to go around Brisbane – whether it’s QUT, the Conservatorium of Music at Southbank, Griffith University or ACU. There’s also easy access to the CityCat Ferry with a terminal at UQ, and the Go Between Bridge across to Dutton Park.
The diversity of our student population is what makes our culture at Duchesne so great – we love that our residents and members study so many different disciplines across multiple campuses. But they all get so much out of living in our beautiful part of the world here at Duchesne, in a vibrant women-only College community. Being positioned alongside a number of other Colleges that we connect into and build great relationships with, is also a bonus. The Inter-College Council is a perfect example of that, and a lot of these activities take place on the UQ campus.
UQ Sports Gold Membership
Duchesne College students can take advantage of an excellent range of sports facilities by purchasing an annual UQ Sport Gold Membership for just $256 with the following benefits:
- Unlimited to Gym/Cardio
- Complimentary 45 minute fitness consultation every 6 weeks
- All group fitness classes
- All day pool access
- Unlimited aquatics equipment hire
- Adult swim squads
- Tennis Court hire between 7am – 5pm weekdays and 7am – 2pm on Sundays
- Access to train on our Olympic-standard athletics track all day every day subject to availability
- Access to hire the outdoor basketball court all day every day subject to availability
- Access to hire the outdoor beach volleyball courts between 9am – 5pm weekdays subject to availability
- Access to hire William Dart Park Playing Field between 9am – 5pm weekdays subject to availability.